Peter Docker is a co-author of Find Your Why (global sales of over 420,000), and previously a founding Igniter at Simon Sinek Inc. His new book is called Leading from the Jumpseat: How to Create Extraordinary Opportunities by Handing Over Control, now available around the world.
Handing over the reins to others is inevitable. Everyone will eventually leave their team, retire from being the CEO, or see their kids leave home and lead their own lives. The question is, how do we do that effectively? It’s not easy to give up control, especially when being in control has been a central part of our lives.
Peter’s book Leading from the Jumpseat enables us to embrace this inevitability. Peter believes that everyone is capable of accomplishing extraordinary things. He and I had a deep conversation about his book, what it’s like to work with Simon Sinek, and when he got his call to leadership.
You will walk away with a better understanding of why giving up control and leading from the jumpseat can be one of the most fulfilling experiences of your life.
Links and Resources from Peter Docker
Get Peter’s book, watch his videos, and hang out in his world for a while on his website.
Thanks for Supporting the Podcast!
The Team here at PYP has put together another uplifting, insightful, and inspiring show for you today. Our goal is to bring you timely, relevant, and useful conversations so that you can experience more success, energy, and LIFE as the leader of your business, career, side hustle, or passion.
If you haven’t already been incredibly generous and awesome, now’s your chance when you leave us a 5-star review!
- Here are a few ways I can help you:
- Share this episode with one person who could use a boost of inspiration and positivity today.
- Grab your copy of my leadership playbook that teaches you the 11 skills you can quickly master to become an exceptional leader.
- Buy one of my books on Amazon and leave me a 5-star review.
- How’s your writing these days? Is what you write and say more “ho-hum” than “oh ya!” Let’s work on making your writing work better for you. Book a free call with me today!